Recently we posted an article about using the power of personas to craft more focused messages and better communications.
These character sketches are psychographic profiles. When developed, they can help you think about your audiences’ motivations, which helps you write the messages that compel donors, volunteers and others to take action.
As a follow up to that article, here are 10 questions you can ask yourself to bring your character to life:
- What are their names, ages, genders, occupations, family details?
- What are their interests, habits, hobbies, and pastimes?
- Who influences them? Religion? Politics? Strongly held beliefs?
- Where do they go for information?
- Where do they shop, eat, hang out?
- How do they dress?
- What concerns keep them up at night?
- What kind of cars do they drive?
- What is their relationship or potential relationship to you?
- What do they want from you?
Once you hone in on your audience, your messaging will have a much greater impact.
What other questions have you asked yourself? Have you created a character you think is particularly evocative? Post a comment. We want to hear from you!