Mission Minded hires the best and the brightest. We’re looking for people who are as passionate about strategic communications, flawless work, and excellent customer service as they are about making a positive difference in our world.
Art Director / Web Designer
“At Mission Minded everyone brings something to the table. Working here you can expect we’ll be proactive, eager, and fun. We really do enjoy one another, and the work that we do.”
—3 year Mission Minded employee
If you’re a talented, creative individual who thinks strategically, enjoys collaboration, is passionate about great customer service, and wants to do meaningful work that has impact in the world, well then, this may be the best job you’ve ever heard about.
We would expect that you’re the person who’s passionate about translating strategy into visual identities. You talk about brands at the breakfast table, you analyze web sites in your sleep, and you get excited when a design inspiration pops into your head during an afternoon yoga class.
We also see you as the one who transfixes clients when you talk about design, the one who listens deeply, and then works with your team to solve the underlying problem, not just the surface one.
And you are also be the one who’s angry when bad design happens to good causes, knowing that when ideas are presented well, the whole world can change.
We’re a small company, and we genuinely value and respect one another. We don’t mind being stuck in an airport together on a business trip. In fact, because all of us are based in home offices, we welcome the chance to see each other non-virtually (though we still enjoy our Tuesday morning video staff meetings).
Because we’ve been around for almost 15 years, we’ve developed a very strong reputation in the nonprofit community. Much of our business is through referrals from previous clients. We’re proud of that. So we set high standards for our work. And we’re very, very committed to the idea of excellent customer service, both with our clients and with each other.
You should contact us about this opportunity if you are a self-starter, able to work both collaboratively and independently, a great communicator and have a high get-it factor. Nonprofit experience – as staff, board or volunteer – is a plus.
This is a full time salaried position. You will work from your own office. But we promise you won’t feel alone! We are a highly communicative team – phone, email, and IM keep us connected throughout the day.
About Mission Minded
Mission Minded is a branding design agency that works exclusively with nonprofits.
We believe that nonprofits, foundations, and independent schools only reach their highest potential if people understand the importance of their work—not just what they do, but why it matters.
Every day we partner with clients like the San Francisco Opera, Los Angeles LGBT Center, and Children’s Museum of Denver and help them determine the brand—or reputation—for which they want to be known. Then we help them bring that brand to life through key messages, visual identity design, web design, and more. As a result, our clients successfully raise more money and attract the support they need to reach their goals.
See how we’ve used design to help our clients amplify the good:
- www.inspiredsm.com/awards2016/ (See Enrollment Video and Website Homepage)
Mission Minded is committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse voices are active in all aspects of our organization. This requires a culture of inclusion in which all individuals feel respected and are treated fairly, and different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas are encouraged and embraced. We consider diversity comprehensively, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Enjoy working both collaboratively and individually
- Able to enthusiastically incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Extreme enthusiasm for customer service
- A superb design aesthetic
- Sound strategic and conceptual-thinking abilities
- Ability to distill abstract ideas and brand values into creative, visual solutions for brand identity and web design
- Ability to initiate, manage, and supervise creative design projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to switch focus between multiple projects
- Enjoy working on number of projects simultaneously
- Strong aptitude in anticipating and managing production processes and timelines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to effectively prioritize
- Desire to make the world a better place
- Possess a passion for creative excellence, branding, and visual communication
- Minimum 6–8 years of experience conceptualizing and designing a broad range of visual identity and web projects
- 3 years art direction experience preferred
- Knowledge of Word Press web development is a plus
- Relevant professional portfolio of creative solutions that support project goals including logo design, typography, color, digital design, image selection
- Expert use of InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Apple Macintosh
- Must be able to work from your own home-based office in Denver or San Francisco Bay Area.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Your own home-based office in Denver or San Francisco Bay Area
Rod Lemaire | Please include cover letter, resume and link to portfolio in your email.